Presented: Tuesday, May 17, 2016
Time: 2:00 PM EDT
As the academic publishing industry continues to adapt to a changing marketplace and declining print sales, the management of inventory needs to become an even more important focus for press management and staff.
During this webinar you’ll hear from a press director, a marketing and sales director, and CFO/operations managers from various size university presses as they discuss how the following topics relate to the academic monographs that we publish:
- Setting print runs and selecting print vendors
- Impact of inventory on cash flow
- Accounting for inventory from the balance sheet to cost of sales
- Inventory write-down
- How Print-on-Demand, Short-Run Digital, and GAP program are being used to manage inventory
The panelists will discuss practical aspects of inventory management as well as present case studies and actual examples.
- Tera Beermann, Assistant Director for Business & CFO, University of Nebraska Press
- Karla Garrett, Deputy Director & Finance and Operations Manager, Baylor University Press
- Mary Beth Jarrad, Marketing and Sales Director, New York University Press
- Leila Salisbury, Director, University Press of Mississippi
- Robbie Dircks, Associate Director & CFO, University of North Carolina Press