Professional Development Committee
Michael Regoli, Indiana, Chair (regoli AT indiana DOT edu)
James Ayers, New Mexico
Dawn Durante, Illinois
Katie Keene, Mississippi
Gianna F. Mosser, Northwestern
Brian Roach, Catholic
Amberle Sherman, Pittsburgh
Jill Shimabukuro, Chicago
Mark Simpson-Vos, North Carolina
Central Office Liaisons
General Objective: Develop and manage tools, programs, and resources to assist AAUP members in improving their publishing expertise, developing their leadership skills, and enhancing their professional development.
- Collaborating with other AAUP Committees as appropriate and working with the Central Office, plan and execute a series of professional development webinars.
- Explore possible cooperative professional development programs with appropriately-aligned organizations.
- Evaluate Residency Program applications; support efforts by the Central Office and the Board to identify new sources of financial support for the program.
- As requested, assist the Annual Meeting Program Committee to develop and implement any professional development-related sessions for the 2017 Annual Meeting, including new Collaboration Labs.
- Continue to enhance and promote the new virtual mentorship program; assist the Acquisitions Editorial Committee in using the program to create virtual mentorships pairing junior and senior editors across presses.
- Expand the reach and activities of the Mentoring Program at the 2017 Annual Meeting.
- Make a summary report on Committee activities to the AAUP Board in time for its November, March, and June meetings.
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.
Committee Reports and Projects
2015-2016 Final Report
2014-2015 Final Report
2013-2014 Final Report
2012-2013 Final Report
2011-2012 Final Report
2010-2011 Final Report
2009-2010 Final Report
2008-2009 Final Report
2007-2008 Final Report
2006-2007 Final Report
2005-2006 Final Report