Library Relations Committee
Dennis Lloyd, Wisconsin, Chair (dlloyd2 AT wisc DOT edu)
Marguerite Avery, Amherst
Kathryn Conrad, Arizona
Karen DeVinney, North Texas
Beth Fuget, Washington
Jeremy Grainger, Rutgers
Monica McCormick, NYU
Charles Myers, Chicago
Katherine Purple, Purdue
Lisa Bayer, Georgia
Central Office Liaison
General Objective: Expand communications and collaborations between university presses and libraries, particularly academic libraries.
- Support the Central Office in the execution of any joint projects or initiatives between AAUP and the ARL, the LPC, and other library-related organizations.
- Propose new projects designed to improve and increase library/press cooperation.
- Assist the Annual Meeting Program Committee in the development of any library-related programming for the 2017 Annual Meeting, including hosted breakfast table, individual sessions, a possible pre-meeting workshop, and new Collaboration Labs.
- Represent the interests of the association by proposing a session at the 2017 Library Publishing Forum to further build relationships with library publishers and educate on opportunities with university presses.
- Work with the Acquisitions Editorial Committee to assess the feasibility of a reciprocal exchange program between established AAUP presses and emerging library publishers for mutual benefit; if deemed feasible, create the structure for such a program for implementation in 2017-18.
- As appropriate, share library-related news and resources with AAUP colleagues via the listserv.
- Seek funding for AAUP-LPC cross-pollination grants.
- Create a glossary of terms that presses and library publishers both use, but use with different meanings and expectations.
- Make a summary report on Committee activities to the AAUP Board in time for its November, March, and June meetings.
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.