Intellectual Property & Copyright Committee
Jenny Hunt, Baylor, Chair (jenny UNDERSCORE hunt AT baylor DOT edu)
Jordan Stepp, Georgia
Cathy Rimer-Surles, Duke
Stephen Williams, Indiana
Liz Hamilton, Northwestern
Chuck Myers, Chicago
Jaime Marie Estrada, Princeton
Kelly L. Rogers, Johns Hopkins
Lisa Bayer, Georgia
Central Office Liaison
- Act as a resource to the AAUP membership for matters pertaining to the use, development, and exercise of intellectual property and works in the public domain.
- Monitor, report, and engage in conversations regarding copyright reform, open access mandates, and related topics occurring within the scholarly communication ecosystem, the broader publishing world, and the public policy arena.
- Research and develop initiatives and tools to enable AAUP members to more robustly exploit their intellectual property.
- Working through the Central Office, alert members to copyright-related information and new developments by providing references to newly published announcements, articles, and other resources.
- As requested, answer questions and provide feedback regarding current and proposed changes to copyright law.
- Review and as necessary revise the Permissions FAQ on the AAUP website, appending additional materials and resources as needed.
- Explore subsidiary rights partnership opportunities for interested members of the AAUP membership.
- As requested, assist the Annual Meeting Program Committee to develop and implement any copyright-related sessions for the 2017 Annual Meeting, including new Collaboration Labs.
- Make a summary report on copyright matters and Committee activities to the AAUP Board in time for its November, March, and June meetings.
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.
Committee Reports and Projects
Reports to the Board
2015-2016 Final Report
2014-2015 Final Report
2013-2014 Final Report
2012-2013 Final Report
2011-2012 Final Report
2010-2011 Final Report
2009-2010 Final Report
2008-2009 Final Report
2007-2008 Final Report
2006-2007 Final Report