Faculty Development Committee
Patrick Alexander, Penn State, Chair (pha3 AT psu DOT edu)
Ann Baker, Nebraska
Seth Denbo, AHA
Angela Gibson, MLA
Ilene Kalish, NYU
Gita Manaktala, MIT
Larin McLaughlin, Washington
Meredith Babb, Florida
Central Office Liaisons
John Michael Eadicicco
General Objective: Create, implement, and monitor programs to help scholars improve their understanding of scholarly publishing, the role of university presses, and the value of peer review, primarily as a service to scholarship but also to support individual AAUP members in demonstrating value to their parent institutions and the association in communicating the community’s ongoing centrality to the scholarly publishing ecosystem.
- Working with the Acquisitions Editorial Committee as necessary, and in conjunction with the Central Office, develop a webinar explaining the publishing process to new scholars; work with the Central Office to make the webinar broadly available on AAUP and individual member websites, on popular video hosting platforms, and broadly across social media.
- Propose panels and programs for learned society annual meetings that explain the publishing process and offer advice and information on how to work with a publisher; recruit and prepare AAUP members to participate on accepted panels.
- Work with learned societies to make publishing panels a permanent feature in their annual meeting programs.
- Make a summary report on Committee activities to the AAUP Board in time for its November, March, and June meetings.
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.