Design & Production Committee
Melissa Bugbee Buchanan, Georgia, Chair (melissa DOT buchanan AT uga DOT edu)
Jillian Downey, Michigan
Nicole Hilton, Toronto
Karen Kerr, Cornell
Kathryn Owens, Georgetown
Michele Quinn, Alabama
Janet Rossi, MIT
Lisa Tremaine, New Mexico
Susan Doerr, Minnesota
Central Office Liaison
John Michael Eadicicco
General Objective: Develop and manage tools, programs, and resources to assist AAUP members in improving the operations of the design and production departments of their presses.
- Working with the Central Office, plan a half- or full-day pre-meeting workshop for the 2017 Annual Meeting, with a program designed to assist attendees in improving the operations of the design and production departments of their presses.
- Continue to help educate the AAUP membership about the impact of digital workflow on design and production departments.
- As requested, assist the Annual Meeting Program Committee to develop and implement any design and production-related sessions for the 2017 Annual Meeting, including new Collaboration Labs.
- Consider whether the Committee’s name should be changed to Editorial Design & Production; include a recommendation and rationale in one of your periodic reports to the AAUP Board.
- Review and as necessary revise the Best Practices for Digital Workflow.
- Make a summary report on Committee activities to the AAUP Board in time for its November, March, and June meetings.
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.