Business Systems Committee
Dan Wackrow, Harvard, Chair (dan UNDERSCORE wackrow AT harvard DOT edu)
Duane Anderson, Abilene Christian
Nadine Buckland, West Indies
Davida Breier, Johns Hopkins
Robbie Dircks, North Carolina
Karla Garrett, Baylor
Joseph Guttman, Pennsylvania
Tom Helleberg, Washington
Tom Johnson, New England
Jean Kim, Stanford
Brent Oberlin, MIT
Duncan Pickett, Virginia
Ioan Suciu, Georgetown
Donna Shear, Nebraska
Central Office Liaison
General Objective: Develop and manage tools, programs, and resources to assist AAUP members in improving the financial management of their presses.
- Commission and implement the AAUP annual statistics survey; develop Guidelines to assist member presses in completing the survey. Consider revising how New in Paperback titles are treated in the survey. Begin planning for how statistics from Regular members outside of North America will be incorporated into the survey beginning in 2017.
- Commission and implement AAUP biennial compensation survey; expand the survey to include annual percentage salary increases. Consider expanding categories relating to demographic representation in survey questionnaire. Expand participation (especially among Group 1 presses) in this survey.
- As requested, support the Central Office in the collection and/or analysis of Quarterly Sales and Returns Data.
- Develop a timetable for updating the Business Handbook, and deliver revisions per plan.
- Working with the Professional Development Committee and the Central Office, develop a live program on finances for non-financial managers to be presented at an appropriate forum during the 2017 Annual Meeting and recorded and edited for subsequent presentation as a webinar series.
- Make a summary report on Committee activities to the AAUP Board in time for its November, March, and June meetings.
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.