Mike Bieker, Arkansas, Chair (mbieker AT uark DOT edu)
Nadine Buckland, West Indies
Susan Doerr, Minnesota
Donna Shear, Nebraska
Erik Smist, Johns Hopkins
Central Office Liaison
General Objective: Provide oversight to the investment of association’s quasi-endowment fund.
- Review and as necessary update the fund’s Investment Policy; ensure investment selections remain consistent with policy.
- Receive and review periodic reports from the fund’s investment advisor(s); participate in periodic conference calls with investment advisor(s).
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding the allocation of fund principal between a prudent reserve and funding for strategic initiatives.
- Make recommendations to the Board of Directors regarding the use(s) of fund income.
- Make a summary report on copyright matters and Committee activities to the AAUP Board in time for its November, March, and June meetings.
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.