Annual Meeting Program Committee—Austin 2017
Mary Rose Muccie, Temple, Chair (maryrose DOT muccie AT temple DOT edu)
Amanda Lanne-Camilli, SUNY
Brady Dyer, Texas
Jill Rodgers, MIT
Sylvia Hunter, Toronto
Sharon Pavlas-Mills, Texas A&M
Darrin Pratt, Colorado
Central Office Liaison
General Objective: Organize the program and procure speakers/panellists/moderators for the 2017 Annual Meeting.
- Schedule a formal one-day meeting of the Committee in early fall to brainstorm topics and speakers for the sessions and divide up responsibilities for various panels and plenaries.
- Continue to develop and support Collaboration Labs.
- Within existing constraints (time, resources, contractual obligations to hotel), incorporate alternative session formats (e.g., unmeetings, vendor forums)
- Attract individuals from beyond the AAUP community – both as speakers and attendees.
- Establish a draft program schedule by October 2016. Provide outline of the program in an October report to the Board. Recruit program speakers by February 2017.
- Submit a proposed allocation of the speakers’ budget to the Central Office by February 2017.
- Develop speaker/facilitator guidelines to ensure expectations are clearly communicated and sessions are sufficiently interactive.
- Design a logo for the meeting.
- Provide copy for preliminary program by February 1, 2017, and a final printed program by May 1, 2017, or other dates provided by the Central Office.
- Work with the Central Office to help market the Annual Meeting.
- Work with the Central Office to attract sponsors for the Annual Meeting.
- Make a progress report to the AAUP Board in time for its November, March, and June meetings; the March report should include the preliminary program.
- Review your General Objective and Specific Tasks, and recommend changes for next year to the Executive Director.
Committee Reports and Projects
View the programs and highlights from recent AAUP Annual Meetings: